You are one year old today! As usual, the time has flown by and you are growing by the minute. On Saturday, you had your first birthday party! It was a lot of fun and you got to celebrate with neighbors, family and friends. We choose a robot theme, similar to the theme in your room of spaceships and robots. Daddy is already planning a spaceship theme for next year. Today, to celebrate your birthday, we are going to take a family trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo. This will be your second zoo experience since we went to the Dallas Zoo for Laurel’s birthday last year. You were only 2 months old though, so it was not as exciting for you. At one year old, here are some things you enjoy
- Making “music” by banging things together- instruments, pots, toys, water bottles, whatever
- Chasing after Laurel or “getting into trouble” with her. You find her hilarious and laugh so much when she does silly things
- Scooting all around on your bottom. You have decided this is easier than walking for the time being, although you continue to pull up more and more each day
- Being outside. The fresh air always seems to calm you down, so you enjoy stroller rides, sitting on the rocking chairs, or just hanging around outside.
- Grabbing for remotes, cell phones, or gadgets of any type and then getting really upset when someone takes it away
- Throwing toys or dumping things out
- Eating Mum Mums and trying new food
- Waking up in the middle of the night! I am hoping this will stop soon. I think the sleep training will start next week so we can get you on a better routine
Well, I need to get some rest so I can have some energy to help you celebrate tomorrow.
Love you always! 🙂